Thank you for requesting our guidelines. The Write Room is an online literary magazine that publishes quality works of fiction, non-fiction and poetry. We are also interested in reviews, interviews and articles of interest to writers, as well as photography. We are not currently accepting artwork; however, we may in the future.
- We accept email submissions in Microsoft Word format or pasted into the body of the email. Short stories are acceptable, but please no full-length novels. Excerpts of larger works are okay, as long as the piece has a discernible beginning, middle and end.
- Please edit your work carefully before submitting because we will not. We only publish polished stories that feel edited and finished. For this reason, do not submit a first draft.
- We do not publish pieces that have previously been published, either on the Internet or in print.
- What we offer is exposure and support for our writers. We ask that you include a brief writer’s resume or biography, a photograph and contact information along with your submission.
- Be patient. It may take us a while to respond, but we will try our best.
Show us your best! Dazzle and surprise us, and we will champion your talent and efforts. Thank you for your interest, and we hope to see you in the room.
Submit using this linked URL